[Neworleans-pm] Revised timeclock.pl

Simon Dorfman EmailLists at SimonDorfman.com
Thu Jun 16 14:57:35 PDT 2005

First of all, nice work Dave!  Danke Schön!

I see you hardcoded /home/dave/.timeclock on line 13.

I simply changed that to /Users/simon/.timeclock but I thought I'd point it
out because I'm pretty sure the old version of the script just detected the
home directory and didn't require hard coding of it's path.

Before changing that this was the result:
$ ./timeclock.pl clientname
/home/dave/.timeclock is not a directory

I have two feature ideas:
1. I'd like to be able to charge a different rate for different clients.
Maybe a client config file similar to the client code file you're currently
using would be a good way to implement it.
2. I'd like to enter a comment when starting the clock.  This way, in case I
forget to stop the clock, I can see a comment like "troubleshoot xyz" and
remember what I had started the clock for.

Maybe I'll try to figure out the second one on my own since it should be
pretty easy.  And maybe the first one could be something we try at the next
meeting?

Simon