[Mpls-pm] happening

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Fri Aug 15 10:32:36 PDT 2008

Ian Malpass wrote:
> Dave Rolsky wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Matthew Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Any perl mongers happening tonight? I'm up for a social gathering if
>>> the tech presentations aren't happening yet.
>>
>> Well, I volunteered to present but I don't think we had a good
>> conjunction of space + projector, so I don't think that's happening.
>
> It isn't. But in light of John's projector news, I have submitted a
> request to book the Nokomis Library's meeting room for Thursday 11
> September, from 6:30 to 8:00. I haven't heard anything from them yet,
> though.

I have now, and we're good to go. I'll start corralling speakers now -
we have a few who've volunteered, but I don't know who will actually be
available. I'd really like some people who haven't spoken before to come
forward - if you'd like to speak, please let me know. Even if you don't
have a topic in mind - I can suggest a few simple talks.

Furthermore, I'm aware that we've had problems in the past with
non-Wednesday meetings. I'd rather not book a room for thirty people and
have five show up - if nothing else, it's a waste of the speakers' time.
So, I've hacked up a little "sign up" sheet widget:

     http://www.indecorous.com/perl/mplspm/

Don't need names, but if you can say "yes", "maybe", or even "no" that'd
be useful. I've added a box where you can leave a note, if you feel
moved to do so.

Thanks,

Ian