[Mpls-pm] Meeting tomorrow - now a social meeting at Espresso Royale

Joshua ben Jore twists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 11:52:00 PST 2006

On 1/10/06, Dave Rolsky <autarch at urth.org> wrote:
> We only have one talk scheduled so far, so I think we should say we're
> just going to have a social meeting at Espresso Royale, at 1229 Hennepin
> Ave.
>
> Given the last minute change, it'd probably be good to get some RSVPs so
> folks who want to go know that there will be other people there.
> Otherwise everyone might stay home on the theory that there won't be
> anyone there ;)
>
> So I'll RSVP.

Yeah, I'm happy to show up for Espresso Royal. I've things I'm
interested in talking about but there's been no time lately.

Yesterday, I thought about what a Prolog cut/fail would look like in a
perl regexp. It isn't terribly pretty and afterward I noticed there
was a much simpler form which might be equivalent (and less
experimental).

% Match something generic unless it matches something specific.
foo :-
        specific(...),
        !, fail.
foo :-
        generic(...).

(?>
    (?:
        # If this matches, the overal regex must fail.
        $specific

        # This more generic expression might match anything but will
        # only be used if the more specific match wasn't found.
        ( $generic )
    )
)
(?( 1 ) # This refers back to the capture group around generic.
    # success!

    (?!) # failed.
)

Now here's the really easy version which only came to me afterward. Oh well.

(?! $specific )
( $generic )

Josh