[Mpls-pm] [pm_groups] Hackathon Chicago (fwd)

Ken Williams ken at mathforum.org
Thu Aug 31 08:00:47 PDT 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 12:16 PM, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Andy Lester wrote:
>
>> On Aug 30, 2006, at 1:09 AM, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>>
>>> Whee! I'd like to go but if ST isn't paying I don't know. I probably
>>> couldn't drive since my wife needs the car.
>>
>> Bus?  Train?  If there's Amtrak, then it would let you off at
>> Union Station,
>> where you'd then walk a block north to the Metra station and you'd
>> take the
>> train out to Pingree Road where the hotel is.
>
> In typical American fashion, taking a train is barely cheaper than
> flying
> ($130 vs $158), but it takes 8 hours (slower than driving by an hour
> +).

I love the Empire Builder train between MSP and CHI though - tons of
leg room (about what you'd get on an airline if they removed half the
rows) and you can get up and walk around or plug in your laptop or
whatever.

I'd love to come to the hackathon, I'll see whether I can swing it.
Tough with family stuff these days.

  -Ken