[Mpls-pm] Next meeting?

jira0004 jira0004 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 20:17:20 PDT 2005

Hi Dave,

How long is a "lightening talk" again?

I could do a brief over view of how DBI works.  I
could also present how DBI supports vendor specific
stuff in terms of Oracle and PostgreSQL.  DBI also
provides some support for performance optimization as
well as some "shortcut" techniques.  I haven't used
the performance optimization much.

It really only makes sense for me to do a DBI talk or
a DBI "lightening" talk if there are developers in the
group that aren't familiar with DBI.  If most of the
developers in the group are reasonably familiar with
DBI, then it would be boring for them to listen to me
pontificate on DBI.

Let me know what you think.  I am will to do a talk or
a "lightening" talk if other Perl users at the meeting
would find it useful.  Otherwise, there isn't much
point, except maybe "filling out" the lightening talk
time spots ;-) .

Regards,

Peter Jirak
E: jira0004 at yahoo.com