[Mpls-pm] Next meeting?

Jim Anderson jim at acadcam.com
Wed Oct 26 07:44:26 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 08:17:20PM -0700, jira0004 wrote:
> It really only makes sense for me to do a DBI talk or
> a DBI "lightening" talk if there are developers in the
> group that aren't familiar with DBI.  If most of the
> developers in the group are reasonably familiar with
> DBI, then it would be boring for them to listen to me
> pontificate on DBI.

Personally, I'd like to see more 'intro' talks for people that haven't
been doing advanced perl stuff, or have only gotten into some areas.  So
far, I think all (?) of the lightning talks have been on some advanced
feature of perl or other, and assuming extensive background knowledge.
We've had several topics on using advanced features of OOP for example,
but nothing on the basics of OOP.  I'd like to see some talks oriented
more towards people that have a basic working knowledge of Perl, but are
interested in an intro level to get them started in an area.  I think we
should have 1 or 2 talks that are aimed at that level.

Jim Anderson                    (612) 782-0456     jim at acadcam.com
Anderson CAD/CAM, Inc           Lucifer designed MS-DOS to try
2500 Highway 88, Suite 108          men's souls.
St Anthony, MN  55418           Then he had a better idea...