[Mpls-pm] Introduction

Matthew Johnson matt at omega.org
Thu Feb 24 17:34:42 PST 2005

Hi, I'm Matt Johnson.  I'm a level four and have been with Mind Head
for 5 years *ding*. (kidding) :)  Nice to meet you, Gary.  Please do
come to our next meeting.  At one time we has presentations on perlish
topics, but that has waned of late.  No reason to keep that vacuum you
work in.  You'll find us as bookish quiet technology types (mostly)
that have many interests outside of perl (no, really?).

I've been using perl for about 3 or 4 years but that is by no means
continuously.  I've been a professional software developer for 13 years
and try to slip perl into my projects whenever I can.  I mostly write
in Makefile, C, PL/SQL and shell scripting (sh,ksh, and bash).
Obviously perl is the ideal technology to replace shell scripts, so
when there isn't a legacy system (or my clients can afford to throw it
away), I use perl.

What I like to do the most is set up software development systems for
other programmers to use.  A software developer developer if you will.
This includes installing/building appropriate technologies for
development as well as mentoring junior programers on software
engineering.  I've worked in the Financial, Retail and Healthcare
industries and currently run my own business, MRJ Solutions, Inc.

Have a great night Gary, and hope to see you next time.

   -Matt Johnson