[Mpls-pm] Working with objects returned by functions in Inline::Python

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Wed Jul 14 16:34:33 CDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Ian Malpass wrote:

> I'm doing some stuff with RSS aggregation, and I'd like to use Mark
> Pilgrim's 'liberal' feed parser[0] (because XML::RSS is annoying me). The
> parser is written in python, but my app is built in perl. Much as I'd like
> to (a) learn python and (b) rewrite the whole app, I thought I'd try to
> use Inline::Python instead.

By the by, I've a vague intention to create something like
XML::RSS::Liberal which would subclass XML::RSS to use feedparser.py as
the parser. Don't know if that sounds interesting at all. Doesn't have any
bearing on the problem, of course. Still, local colour.

Ian

-

The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes held no tears.

Ian Malpass                     ian at indecorous.com