[mplspm]: DateTime Issue on Windows

Craig S. Wilson craig at wavefront.net
Wed Apr 21 10:22:09 CDT 2004

Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Hello Mr Craig S. Wilson:
>
> @INC only containing the current directory seems suspicious to me.
> According to your perl -V, the default directories are
> "C:/Perl/lib","C:/Perl/site/lib","." so somehow this is getting changed.
>
> Does your program mess with @INC?

Not mine.

> What modules/code are you including with 'use' or 'require'?

use strict;
use File::Copy "cp";
use Getopt::Long;
use DateTime;

> Is the file root.pm at C:/Perl/site/lib/DateTime/Locale/root.pm ? If not
> where is it?

It is there.

> Try printing out @INC at the top of the code and see what you get.

I had put in code to do that but it blowed up before it would print.
Blowed up real good.

Strangely enough, the program works this morning.  Both as a script and
compiled into a .exe.  I had been working in  Visual Perl/Studio.  I had
to install DateTime, and I also installed File::Find::Rule since I saw
some complaint about that not being available in the test output.

I have learned that I cannot install packages with Visual Studio open
and have them located so I had exited and restarted VS, but there may be
some file system cacheing issue beyond that.

Thanks for your help.

--

Craig S. Wilson     craig at wavefront.net
WaveFront Communications, Inc.