[mplspm]: What's the tech sector like in Minnesota?

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Sat Dec 20 08:26:10 CST 2003

Hello all,

My wife and I will be moving back to Minnesota in a few months' time.
(Well, she'll be moving back - it'll be my first time living and working
in the US.)

This, of course, brings me to the point: what's the tech sector like in
Minnesota at the moment? Are things picking up? Are there jobs available?
I do perl, and webbish stuff like HTML/CSS and JavaScript, and XMLish
stuff like RDF and RSS. I've got a degree and a masters (chemistry, which
isn't the *most* relevant, to be sure). Plus I can talk nicely to
befuddled users (although that might be a problem in the US, given that my
accent might cause even more confusion).

Any ideas? Pointers? Good employers? Bad employers?

Ta.

Ian

-

The soul would have no rainbows if the eyes held no tears.

Ian Malpass                     ian at indecorous.com