Making a distribution with a command line thingy in it

Shlomi Fish shlomif at
Thu Oct 14 21:26:28 PDT 2010

On Thursday 14 October 2010 16:50:48 Tom Hukins wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 03:39:12PM +0100, Benjamin Martin wrote:
> > Twas a good tech meet the other day, enjoyed the talks alot .. so cheers
> > to all that spoke :)
> Seconded!
> > I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good source of information
> > about building a distribution?... the reason I ask is because I was
> > trying to find information on how to build into your package a command
> > line script??
> If you use ExtUtils::MakeMaker or Module::Build, it's fiddly.  People
> tend to use different approaches, as you've noticed.

Fiddly? What's wrong with doing:

script_files => ["scripts/dir-dump",],

Inside your Build.PL and getting done with it. See for example:

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish
My Public Domain Photos -

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - .