Making a distribution with a command line thingy in it

Jan Henning Thorsen jhthorsen at cpan.org
Fri Oct 15 04:37:41 PDT 2010

If you're using Module::Install, you need to add

 install_script glob('bin/*');

That will install every script found in the bin/ directory to the system's
default binary location. Not sure where this is on windows, but in linux
(ubuntu/debian/++) it's /usr/local/bin

Example Makefile.PL:

use inc::Module::Install;

#----------------------------------------------------
name q(My-Module);
all_from q(lib/My/Module.pm);

requires q(Moose) => 1.0;
test_requires q(Test::More) => 0.9;

bugtracker q(http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=My-Module);
homepage q(http://jhthorsen.github.com/my-module);
repository q(git://github.com/jhthorsen/my-module.git);

install_script q(bin/my-script);
auto_install;
WriteAll;

Regards,
 batman

PS: ...and if you're not using Module::Install, you need to use it ;-)