Anyone used XML::Smart ?

Tom Hukins tom at
Tue Dec 11 05:28:38 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 12:13:59PM -0000, Edwardson, Tony wrote:
> Do something like this :-
>     $obj->{'uc-export'}{JOBS_UNIX}{JOB1}{SCRIPT}{MSCRI}->content("CHANGED TO
> THIS");

> I've tried loads of different syntaxes but so far everything I've tried has
> created new entries in the XML rather than change the existing values.

Rather than trying lots of syntaxes, I'd get Data::Dumper to output
the contents of $obj and figure out the right one from its structure.

I've not used XML::Smart, so it might have a better approach, but in
general I use Data::Dumper to figure out how data structures look.
Lately, I've used YAML's Dump sometimes, as I find its output more
readable.  Setting $Data::Dumper::Indent = 1 helps if you use