Technical Meeting: Tuesday 13th June

Paul Mooney pjm at
Fri Jun 2 03:59:20 PDT 2006

On 2 Jun 2006, at 10:32, Tom Hukins wrote:

> So, does anyone else fancy giving a lightning talk?  It's only for
> five minutes.  You could tell us about something interesting you've
> done recently, maybe even involving Perl.

I'm new to the list and I'd be interested in hearing about the
different areas Perl is used in.

For example, I work for the Sanger Institute (
where we sequence DNA and a figure out what the hell it does plus other
interesting activities :) The human genome would not have been
sequenced in a timely fashion if it were not for Perl.

Would others be interested?