[Melbourne-pm] emails to iPhones

Andrew Dent andrew_dent at dentaur.com
Tue May 7 16:09:04 PDT 2013

Hi

I'm using MIME::Lite [1] to send a multipart HTML email with a gif in the
signature and with a single PDF attachment.

The email looks as it should when received in MS Outlook 2010, but on the
iPhone the PDF attachment is not handled correctly and instead the RAW
unreadable contents of the PDF file end up in the body of the email.

On Windows 7 and 8, the PDF file will open and display correctly in Adobe
Reader (tested with versions > 10) without generating any errors.

Is this likely to be a "feature" of MIME::Lite and so I need to learn the
new module, or is there something I can do with MIME::Lite to make the email
be properly handled by the iPhone mail client?

I haven't tested the iPad mail client yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it
is the same as the iPhone mail client.

Cheers

Andrew

[1]   I know the author of MIME::Lite says to use a newer module, but I have
always found MIME::Lite very easy to use compared to the newer module.