[Melbourne-pm] Any DBIx::Class gurus around?

Toby Wintermute tjc at wintrmute.net
Tue Sep 28 18:11:13 PDT 2010

On 29 September 2010 09:41, Jacinta Richardson
<jarich at perltraining.com.au> wrote:
> Toby Wintermute wrote:
[snip code]
>> DBIx::Class works really well for dealing with bunches of rows as if
>> they were objects, but not as well when it comes to reporting queries.
>
> That's exactly what I expected and what this example is intended to show.  :)
> (In fact, this example is derived from a similar example I used for Class::DBI
> where there was _no_ way to create such a query via the object interface so you
> farmed it out towards DBI.)

May I solicit recommendations for Perl DB modules which *are* designed
with creating reporting queries?

A theoretical interface might be:
my $reporter = DB::Report->new(schema => My::App::Schema->connect);
my $result = $reporter->frequency_analysis(
  where => { staff_id > 1000 },
  join => { 'Staff' => 'projects' }
  over => 'projects.projectname',
);

And then I'd get back a frequency analysis of non-executive staff on projects.

Toby