[Melbourne-pm] Google Wave Anyone?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Oct 28 23:11:47 PDT 2009

Toby Corkindale <toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au> writes:
> Daniel Pittman wrote:
>> Toby Wintermute <tjc at wintrmute.net> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> In other news; I'm liking Moose a lot, especially since the .9 release
>>> with all the built-in attributes and corresponding traits.. but I'm
>>> curious to know what everyone else thinks of Moose.
>>>
>>> It's evidently superior to Perl's existing OO framework, which has been
>>> showing it's age and tacked-on-afterwards feel for a long time..
>>
>> Well, Moose is pretty much just syntax sugar and convention, sitting over the
>> top of the traditional Perl OO design.  Aside from the crazy syntax hacks like
>> Method::Signature, it really doesn't do that much different...
>
> Mmm, doesn't Moose implement "diamond" inheritance too?  (Although I suppose
> one could get that with Class::C3 outside of Moose if they desired)

That is a fair cop: yes, Moose imports Class::C3, so gets a saner multiple
inheritance search order than stock Perl.  OTOH, Perl itself is importing C3
into core because the alternatives are pretty crazy.

I /think/ that is about the last bit of difference though.

        Daniel
   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.