[Melbourne-pm] Google Wave Anyone?

Michael Potter megamic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:11:10 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:

> Toby Wintermute <tjc at wintrmute.net> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > In other news; I'm liking Moose a lot, especially since the .9 release
> > with all the built-in attributes and corresponding traits.. but I'm
> > curious to know what everyone else thinks of Moose.
> >
> > It's evidently superior to Perl's existing OO framework, which has been
> > showing it's age and tacked-on-afterwards feel for a long time..
>
> Well, Moose is pretty much just syntax sugar and convention, sitting over
> the
> top of the traditional Perl OO design.

Err....no. Moose allows for idioms that are rarely if ever used in
conventional Perl OO programming. For example composition/delegation, method
currying, built in type definition and validation, attribute traits, roles,
full meta-class reflection and so much more. Once you start programming in
Moose you will adopt an entirely new way of thinking about OO programming
that leaves old-school Perl OO in the dust.