[Melbourne-pm] (paid) Assistance required for Google calendar hack

Nathan Bailey Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu
Tue Aug 18 15:16:34 PDT 2009

I ended up trying WCAP code after 20-odd variations of:
< test.ics lwp-request -xuSe -C username at gmail.com:password -c 'text/
calendar' -m PUT https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/username%40gmail.com/events
failed with a 401. My code also failed with a 401 (lacking basic auth)
which is what lead to trying WCAP authentication (that and tiredness I
guess :-)

After a bit more playing around I'm now getting my .ics file from
Google with CalDAV, but it turns out that Google doesn't support
MKCALENDAR, the create method, and there doesn't appear to be a DELETE-
type method in CalDAV (it's possible that the HTTP DAV one works but I
haven't found anything that says it would).

So now I need to decide if I follow the original path, or put on my
lazy (Toby) gloves (Alfie) and subscribe to an ics file published on
another server (Stephen) :-)

thanks everyone for the help!
Nathan