[Melbourne-pm] (paid) Assistance required for Google calendar hack

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Mon Aug 17 16:56:09 PDT 2009

Nathan Bailey <Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu> writes:

> If this worked, it would be the ideal simple solution, but I can't get it to
> work (even with the "right" URL, according to
> http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/developers_guide_caldav.html) .

...um:

    To use the CalDAV interface, a client program initially connects with the
    calendar server at one of two starting points. In either case, the
    connection must be made over HTTPS, and Basic authentication should be
    provided for the user's Google account, consisting of the full email
    address and password.

[...]

> my $CALSERVER = 'https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/username@gmail.com/user';
> my $user = 'username at gmail.com';
> my $pass = 'password';
> my $content = wcap_command("login", "user=$user", "password=$pass");

This has nothing to do with HTTP Basic authentication.  Try sending the
content via PUT with the username and password via HTTP Basic authentication
and the 401 (you didn't supply HTTP basic authentication details) error will
go away.

Um, what gave you the idea that the wcap command thing was right?

The Google pages don't mention it, no one here mentioned it as far as I can
tell, so why on earth did you try using wcap rather than following the
instructions as Google have written them?

Regards,
        Daniel
   Looking for work?  Love Perl?  In Melbourne, Australia?  We are hiring.