[Melbourne-pm] thanks to all

Andrew Dent sgc294 at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 17 20:50:00 PDT 2008

G'day John

It appears to me that you gave the VTC Perl training course a chance,
but didn't give the Perl language a chance. Many people suggested other
ways of learning Perl instead of the VTC Perl Training you were doing.
Anyway, good luck with Java.
Be sure to make an investment in yourself and start buying Java books. I
suggest starting with a book aimed at learning Java. Don't just rely
only on the VTC Java training course. If you like Arthur Griffith, then
support his work and buy some of his books. But don't just rely on one
author, even for the same topic.
The internet is a great resource, but I have found it is not as good as
having a book on your shelf you can pick up, feel, read at your
pleasure, dwell on when working on a project or search through when
stuck on a difficult problem. The more books you have the better off you
will be.

Cheers

Andrew Dent