[Melbourne-pm] Reminder: Meeting Wednesday (tomorrow) night!

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Mon May 12 22:24:15 PDT 2008

G'day Everyone,

It's that time again!  Tomorrow night is Melbourne Perl Mongers night!

When:	Wednesday, 14th May (tomorrow)
	6:30pm

Where:	Remasys
	Level 1
	172 Flinders St
	(Opposite Deferation Square)

Talk:	Toby Corkindale - How awesome is git[1]?

	After discovering that all revision control software sucks,
	Linus Torvalds, inventor of Linux, created the git source
	control system.  Supporting distributed development,
	incredible branching tools, amazing support tools, and
	more distribution mechanisms that you can poke a stick at.
	Git is not only used for source control of the Linux project,
	but also the new source control system for the Perl 5 core.

	Toby will reveal the secrets of how git solved his source
	control headaches, toned his muscles, and gave him a full
	head of hair[2]!

After:	Lightning talks, news, announcements.
	Drinks and dinner for those hungry and/or thirsty.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

	Paul

[1] I didn't actually have a real abstract from Toby, so I made it up.
However it is definitely about git.

[2] Actual results may vary.

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf at perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/