[Melbourne-pm] Apache2::Filter::RE

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Sat Feb 9 18:06:13 PST 2008

Before I publish my module I thought I would ask if there was an
alternative...

I have a requirement to change a URL on the fly on my web server. It
is a very simple RE.

s|"/z/blah|"http://somwhereelse.com/z/blah|g

Not fool proof, but 99.99% accurate for my HTML.

So I wrote up a quick Apache filter to do the work -
Apache2::Filter::RE - give it a list of regular expressions over HTML
to apply.

But it strikes me that this would be so common it must already exist,
and perhaps as a SAX event or C version apache module. Anyone know of
anything like that?