[Melbourne-pm] Melbourne Open Source Industry Australia Meeting! 6:30pm Friday 29th Feb.

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Thu Feb 7 21:00:50 PST 2008

G'day folk,

If you run or work in a business with an open source focus (for example you use
Open Source tools extensively, you provide services using/supporting Open Source
tools, you create Open Source software...) you are invited to OSIA's February
meeting.  You do not have to be a member of OSIA (Open Source Industry of
Australia) to attend, although you may be encouraged to think about joining.  ;)

Come and find out who else is working in with Open Source, meet new people,
learn new things and become involved!  This meeting is 3 weeks from today.

I am inviting you on behalf of Donna Benjamin who's organising this meeting.
The rest of the details are as follows:

--------

Venue: Innovation @ 257
       257 Collins Street, Melbourne CBD
Time:  Arrive from 6pm for a 6:30 start
       Friday 29th February, 2008

Paul Fenwick from Perl Training Australia will deliver his talk on
Running an Open Source Business. Paul is an entertaining presenter and
recently won a prize for 'Best Lightning Talk' at linux.conf.au 2008.

Following Paul's talk we will either have lightning talks from members
about their businesses, or free discussion, or nick off for food and
drink.  Options and Flexibility.

At this stage the event is free, unless people indicate they would like
me to arrange beverages and snacks - for which we will need to collect
some cash.

Please RSVP by email to Donna (donna at cc.com.au).
So that I can tell the venue how many chairs we'll need.

cheers
Donna

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |