[Melbourne-pm] perl error message

Timothy S. Nelson wayland at wayland.id.au
Thu Aug 21 02:33:10 PDT 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, John Thornton wrote:

>       When I try to put the perl script hello world! into the browser I get
> this:
>
>      Not Found
>
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/hello.cgi was not found on this server.
>
>  [the top of the creen has the 404 NotFound - Mozilla message]

 	The next step is to find your Apache error log, and look at what it
says.  Apache doesn't send all the information about the error message to the
web browser (for security reasons), so it writes extra information into the
error log.  The error log could be anywhere, depending on your Apache
configuration (I'm a Linux guy, so I don't know where is is on Windows).

 	This will tell you where Apache is looking for the file.  Then, when
you know that, move the file to where Apache wants it to be.

 	HTH,

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayland at wayland.id.au    | I am                           |