[Melbourne-pm] perl error message

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at rea-group.com
Tue Aug 19 18:24:21 PDT 2008

John Thornton wrote:
>        When I try to put the perl script hello world! into the browser I get
> this:
>
>       Not Found
>
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/hello.cgi was not found on this server.
>
>   [the top of the creen has the 404 NotFound - Mozilla message]
>

>      Now, this might need some explanation: although hello.pl had worked for
> testing my script on the windows start and run command line, according to
> the VTC tutorial I had to put in a .cgi suffix as above to get it to work in
> a browser, and add some other code to my script. I did all of this as the
> tutorial asked, at least as far as I know.

Hmm..
Could you send your Apache configuration and your hello.cgi files to the
list?
The apache configuration will probably be called something like
httpd.conf, but I'm not sure exactly where it would be installed on Windows.

ta,
Toby

--
Toby Corkindale
Software developer

Warning - This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us
immediately on (61 3) 9897 1121 or by reply email to the sender. You
must destroy the e-mail immediately and not use, copy, distribute or
disclose the contents.