[Melbourne-pm] beginner at Perl trying to learn it

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Tue Aug 19 06:00:26 PDT 2008

John Thornton wrote:

>             So far, working through the VTC tutorial on Perl, I have
> succeeded in testing my helloworld.pl program on the windows command line.
> But I have failed to make hello world appear in my Firefox browser. I have
> tried to follow the instructions in this VTC tutorial but I only get "that
> url is not found on this server" in my window.

Can you cut'n'paste the exact error message you're getting and post it to us?

> or, I am told, I could download php, apache and perl again from the XAMPP
> site. Now, if Idid that would I ruin my PC or Apache? Isn't it bad to
> download something twice? What would happen to the Apache services that are
> being run now?

Downloading something twice won't ruin your PC, but it could result in confusion
as to which version of the code you were invoking when you tried to run it.

All the best,

   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |
  _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'           | contact at perltraining.com.au |
 (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-'             |   www.perltraining.com.au   |