[Melbourne-pm] unicode html->pdf?

Mathew Robertson mathew.robertson at netratings.com.au
Tue Oct 23 20:37:06 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have also been in the same situation, but I cant offer any
tried-and-tested solution.

PDF::API2 will do UTF8, but getting that to work with template-driven
sites is next to impossible.  This is ignoring the fact that most sites
now use some javascript to do the right thing.

The only solution which may work is to automate/script firefox so that
it loads the website, then calls the print handler to print a PDF.  You
could use one of the Firefox extensions for scripting a page-download
(eg: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/user/pollak/webpagedump), but hack it
to print to a PDF printer (rather than save to disk).

cheers
Mathew