[Melbourne-pm] Geek accomodation

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Tue Oct 9 18:54:12 PDT 2007

Kirrily Robert wrote:
> I have a technique for finding rental accommodation that worked well
> for me and has worked well for others I've recommended it to, often
> extremely rapidly after a long dry spell.
[snip]

This method seems to be effective at getting an application first in
line to be approved, as did sweet-talking agents into letting me see
places prior to the general inspection and quickly submitting an
application.

But I've hit another stumbling block - several estate agents have said
that while the application checked out OK, they are going to run more
inspections until they get some more applications, and THEN select which
one to run with.
To me, this seems like they are trying to say that I'm acceptable, but
not their ideal, and so they're waiting to see if anyone better comes
along.. (Or possibly, that someone comes along with a higher bid or
bigger bribe.)
It seems like they're actively making work for themselves, so I don't
understand why they are doing it, unless there's money in it.

.. I'm wondering if this is a hint I should go back and offer more
money. Or re-submit my application with a handful of fifties stapled to it.

Toby