[Melbourne-pm] Geek accomodation

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Tue Oct 2 02:15:42 PDT 2007

Tony Smith wrote:
> Based purely on personal experience, of the inner suburban agents I'd
> give a plus to Biggin & Scott and a minus to Noel Jones. YMMV.
>
> And while Sunshine seems to have become a fall back location of choice,
> none of the local agents there impressed me favourably. When I dealt
> with agents around Essendon my experiences were mostly better, but that
> was long ago.
>
> However it always helps to assume they aren't going to go out of their
> way to do anything for you. Even with Biggin & Scott, if we hadn't kept
> up the pressure over a place we were keen to move into but which was
> awaiting maintenance, the subsequent positive relationship may have
> easily been missed.

I spoke to an agent (at Nicholson) today about a property which needed
some maintenance before I would consider it.. Their response was.. but
it just HAD been maintained: they repainted one of the rooms (badly).
Apparently fixing the shower or the blinds was too much effort, which
seems a bit insulting when you're talking about paying a thousand
dollars a month for the place. I mean, what's a new shower head worth?
Ah well, there are other places to look at.

Cheers for the advice on the other agents.
-Toby