[Melbourne-pm] CPAN module

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Wed Mar 8 17:40:51 PST 2006

On 09/03/2006, at 12:32, Mathew Robertson wrote:

> hmm... I was hoping there was something more akin to a 'developer
> tree'
> which would allow updates to a package, but not  be part of an
> "official" package.

Not entirely sure what you mean here?

Probably something to remember is that CPAN is a snapshot - not a
development site. ie: it is not Sourceforge but rather just a mirror
and packaging system of static objects - a snapshot.

Either way though I am not sure what you mean by a "developer tree"
and not "official"

Of course you could do something along the lines of: a module which
patches the other module - maybe.

Not something I have seen before but it could be done.

Scooter