[Melbourne-pm] CPAN module

Mathew Robertson mathew.robertson at netratings.com.au
Wed Mar 8 15:13:55 PST 2006

Hi folks,

I use a CPAN module called HTML::Template, which is used as a web-page
templating engine (in a similar vein to Template-Toolkit).

I have made some changes to increase its functionality - which amounts
to about 20% of the code (ie: not a small patch).  I have suggested that
some of these changes be added to the real module, but the developer
isn't interested.

Since I dont really want to do a complete fork of the code, as the
existing community is quite lively...  The question is, is there a way
to release a modified version into CPAN?

thanks
Mathew