[Melbourne-pm] Melbourne Job Vacancy: MySQL, Perl, PHP, Linux, guru programmer

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at xse.com.au
Mon Mar 7 18:37:24 PST 2005

Melbourne, Australia MySQL, Perl, PHP, Linux, guru programmer

# Working on an exciting global system
# Great company
# 1.5 Mbps home Internet connection included

If you're a Perlmonger and PHP guru with deep mastery of MySQL then this is
the dream job that you've been looking for. Primarily this is a job for a
talented and highly experienced programmer.

You'll be working in a small software company that is highly successful.

You'll be working directly with the Technical Director helping to design,
develop and maintain a set of low-level Internet applications. You'll be
developing applications that drive a global distributed network analyzing
and processing data in RFC821, RFC822 and RFC2822 format.

You'll be given a 1.5Mbps Internet connection for home and if you want to
telework for a couple of days per week then that's fine. Most of your time
will be spent working in the office just outside the CBD.

# We're looking for someone who thinks logically and can design the
architecture for new systems as well as write the code to build them.

# We're looking for someone who is creative and innovative, who can
contribute their good ideas and bring them to life in the software.

# We're looking for someone who is a tenacious problem solver, who will
absolutely work out what the problem is regardless of how tough.

# We're looking for someone who does this work because they love it -
perhaps maybe someone from the classic "Linux Hacker" culture (Hacker as in
old-school coder, not as in Cracker).

# We're looking for someone who is self-driven and autonomous, who needs
minimal direction and can see what needs to be done and will take up the
challenge without the need for micro management.

# We're looking for someone with a deep understanding and experience of SQL.
Someone who understands MySQL in depth. Someone who knows other database
systems such as Oracle however and can advise on future database strategic
direction.

# We're looking for someone with first class verbal and written
communication skills. You must communicate extremely clearly and be highly
articulate.

Our systems are running on Redhat Linux and while we're not looking for a
Linux kernel hacker, it would be valuable if you have in-depth experience
working with Linux.

Naturally you will be skilled in building user interfaces using Javascript,
HTML, DHTML and CSS.

If you have solid C experience then that is an advantage but not essential.

Formal qualifications would be good, but not a requirement. We're more
interested in what you can do than what piece of paper you have.

This is an exciting, growing company with great future possibilities. You'd
be getting in on the ground floor. Send your resume to Andrew Stuart
info at xse.com.au

Please note this is a salaried full time role and we cannot accept
international or interstate applications.

programmer
software engineer
perl
mysql