[Melbourne-pm] Re: View 132 column reports

Brendon Oliver brendon.oliver at redsheriff.com
Wed Mar 2 16:43:34 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:30 am, Jim Kat wrote:
> that condensed my report but then didn't return my
> screen back to normal :(

Like I said, it can be a PITA and nothing's guaranteed ;-)

To switch out of condensed mode you might need something a bit more "brutal",
a full terminal reset perhaps:
	tput reset
	tput sgr0
(that's a zero, not letter 'o').  You might also need to do it like:
	echo `tput reset`

> Terminal Emulator is Powerterm, not sure what the
> DECCOLM switch is about

I believe It's a mnemonic (DEC column mode perhaps?) for a control sequence
described by DEC for their original VT terminals (from which a lot of other
terminal definitions were derived).  You could also have a look at:
	http://www.wlug.org.nz/console_codes(4)
might explain things a bit better than I can.

Good luck!

- Brendon.

--
Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.

 11:35:23 up 4 days, 16 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.14, 0.71, 0.51