[Melbourne-pm] config file parsers

Geoff Crompton geoff.crompton at strategicdata.com.au
Tue Feb 15 17:31:40 PST 2005

Hi,

I need a perl module to do config file parsing. At the moment my needs
are simple (and not well defined). However in the near future I am going
to want to
a) break config file up into sections (such as global section, 'a'
section, 'b' section)
b) have a script that will not understand contents of all sections, but
plugins that will understand their section.

Ideally I'd want something that is already packaged in Debian. The
candidates I've found so far are (I've included debian package name,
along with what I suspect the CPAN module is called):

libapache-configfile-perl	Apache::ConfigFile
libappconfig-perl		AppConfig
libconfhelper-perl		Confhelper
libconfig-auto-perl		Config::Auto
libconfig-general-perl		Config::General
libconfig-inifiles-perl		Config::IniFiles
libconfig-simple-perl		Config::Simple
libconfig-tiny-perl		Config::Tiny
libconfigfile-perl		ConfigFile
libconfigreader-perl		ConfigReader

An option that is also going to be sticking around for awhile in Debian
would be good as well.

Thanks for anyhelp!

--
Geoff Crompton