[Melbourne-pm] Last Chance to speak at OSDC

Stas Bekman stas at stason.org
Mon Aug 22 13:07:41 PDT 2005

Scott Penrose wrote:
> Hey Stas,
>
> Yes we did consider it, but then we got sponsorship. It is not just  the
> software, but the company is running it for us as well, including
> registrations - which should save us heaps.
>
> There is no doubt that cgpublisher has been very generous and their
> help is really appreciated. I agree that their interface needs
> improvement, and I hope that the feedback that everyone gives is
> beneficial to them and that it improves.

Sure, sponsorship is essential, but if people give up on submitting the
proposal that's not good for the conference either.

Since you delegate registration to a 3rd party you also risk to miss
various problems reports which for some reason the vendor may decide to
ignore or attend to those too slow (I hope they don't :). And you won't
even know there were some issues...

but of course I haven't volunteered my time to help with the conference,
so I have little say... :)

> Again, thanks so much for spending the time doing some feedback.

:)