[Melbourne-pm] Last Chance to speak at OSDC

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Fri Aug 19 02:06:46 PDT 2005

Rick Measham wrote:

> It takes longer to fill out this wacky form than to present a talk .. so
> anyone thinking of submitting a proposal .. start now so you get it done
> today!

I agree.

It's also strange in that if you log into the cgpublisher site from the front
page you get to a page to manage various details about yourself - yet while the
bios you provide in this section are pre-filled in the talk proposal page, the
contact details don't seem to count.

> 3. If you're not sure what each field requires .. guess! I read through
> Jacinta's description of the info that's needed and worked from that,
> trying to match that up with the fields in the interface. The help text
> isn't too helpful. (fake eg: "An _Author List_ is a list of _Authors_")

Uh-uh, they're not my descriptions.  I'm not the Programme Chair this year or
even on the programme committee!  I had zero input whatsoever into the choice to
use cgpublisher and I have no idea how much customisation was available to those
who did choose it on our behalf - I presume they've customised it as much as
they could.

One thing that does surprise me is that the CFP mentions two talk lengths (other
than lightning) yet the cgpublisher interface doesn't give you an option, it's
30 minutes or 30 minutes.

All the best,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |