VTR and XP

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Sun Mar 28 15:20:44 CST 2004

The VTR User Group Conference was a huge success.

A special HUGE BIG THANK YOU to those who came and helped me during the
day include:
	Nathan Bailey
	Jacinta Richardson
	Paul Fenwick
	Leif Eriksen
	Tony Smith

I managed to get the 7 segment LED Display control working and have a
simple demonstration running - displaying some values.

Nathan and Jacinta found that not having enough characters was a
challenge, and started hacking away at getting that going. Now we have
more characters, and the raw elements to make them up by bars.

Jacinta and Leif then felt it wasn't fair that we were using only one
display per characters, so they implemented wide characters that go go
across two displays.

Paul felt that what we needed was a scrolling Marquee - so that was
next off :-)

And I networked it and finished my Tk App - so that I could do remotely
control the display.

So I think we should be renamed to the "eXtreme Perl Mongers"

Strangely enough - the hacking above actually did not detract from the
great advice and conversations that everyone was having with our
visitors. In fact the hacking became a great draw card for people to
see what we were doing - and demonstrating that we can actually do it.
On the other computer I brought along our portal from work - not so
surprisingly (even though it has lots more code) it was not as
interesting as the little bit of code running the display :-) - Very
well done everyone.

Scooter.
- --
Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.