YAPC::AU::Bruce.pm

leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au
Thu Jan 22 17:42:33 CST 2004

I also like the idea, but perhaps we need to use a peer vote rather than
judge it.

Here's an example, and I am NOT casting aspertions on Stas at all, I
know he is an upstanding man.

Say that Stas enters the hacking competition, and fixes a zillion
mod_perl related bugs, and writes test cases for all of them for
regression purposes. He has met the requirements of contribution and
improvement, but his special knowledge gives him an unfair advantage, as
it would anyone who use's/extends a particular module all the time.

So a peer vote would possibly reconcile various advantages/disadvantages
- those recognised by there peers as having 'achieved and contributed'
the most.

Leif

Scott Penrose wrote:

--
Leif Eriksen
Senior Analyst/Programmer

HPA
Direct: +61 3 9217 5545
Fax   : +61 3 9217 5702

http://www.hpa.com.au/

IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended
addressed.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify
the HPA Postmaster, postmaster at hpa.com.au, then delete
the e-mail.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses by MimeSweeper.  Before opening or
using any attachments, check them for viruses and defects.

Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services.
For more information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy
Policy at www.hpa.com.au