YAPC::AU::Bruce.pm

leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au
Wed Jan 21 01:11:19 CST 2004

I remember us brainstorming activities etc on butcher paper, and the
topic of participants writing a YAPC::Bruce.pm module that did
'something useful'(tm). Given the success (and cool prize) at the Linux
conf for the hacking competition, perhaps a topic to challenge the
code-monkeys is appropriate ... any opinions ?

For my 2 cents worth, I'd really like to see something like
PureCoverage, a really nice tool that provided metrics on how much of
your code has actually been exercised by your test harness (your
what...). PureCoverage was originally written by PureAtria, who were
bought by Rational - who were bought by IBM ...

I've searched CPAN, and there are some pretty incomplete attempts - so
it appear to be a non-trivial problem.

--
Leif Eriksen
Senior Analyst/Programmer

HPA
Direct: +61 3 9217 5545
Fax   : +61 3 9217 5702

http://www.hpa.com.au/

IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended
addressed.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify
the HPA Postmaster, postmaster at hpa.com.au, then delete
the e-mail.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses by MimeSweeper.  Before opening or
using any attachments, check them for viruses and defects.

Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services.
For more information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy
Policy at www.hpa.com.au