Tonight's talks

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Tue Apr 13 20:59:30 CDT 2004

On 14/04/2004, at 11:42 AM, Jacinta Richardson wrote:

> G'day everyone,
>
> Just a reminder that Perl Mongers is on tonight.  Our current agenda
> seems
> to be:

One other...

	Leif: XML SAX or DOM ?

XML development typically proceeds down one of the two main paradigms
of XML processing - SAX or DOM. Each paradigm brings with it different
design strengths and weakness, and requires a developer to know which
approach matches best with the requirements in hand.

This talk shows two Perl implementations of the same set of
requirements - one using the DOM paradigm, using XML::Simple, and the
other using the SAX paradigm, using XML::Parser. The differences in
code structure are striking, and the problem areas for each approach
are quiet distinct.

Hopefully Perl developers will come away from this talk ( and code
walk-through ) with a better understanding of when to commit to a
particular paradigm at the start of a project.

> 	Paul:  Perl Security - "Working securely with files"
> 	Scott: YAPC Update
> 	??:    ??
>
> If you've volunteered a talk which I've missed then we're delighted to
> have you present as well.  Paul says someone did, but I can't find your
> email, sorry.
>
> So, we'll look forward to seeing you all at MyInternet House, Blackwood
> St, North Melbourne at 6:30pm.
>
> All the very best,
>
> 	Jacinta
>
> --
>    ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
>     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |
>     (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'   |      +613 9354 6001         |
>   _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'           | contact at perltraining.com.au |
> (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-'              |   www.perltraining.com.au   |

- --
Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.