July Meeting Preperation

Jeremy Howard jhoward at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 26 23:39:01 CDT 2002

Scott Penrose wrote:

> Anyone willing to do a talk on SOAP or XML-RPC ?

I'm creating a SOAP web service at the moment using SOAP::Lite. We
currently use our own simple XML API to provide IMAP notification over
HTTP for FastCheck:

http://www.fastcheck.org

I'm planning to move this over to SOAP in the next few weeks, and then
start providing more SOAP-accessible FastMail.FM bits, including an
interface to address books (to allow syncing of web address books with
email clients and PIMs).

So by the time the meeting comes along, I may have 10 minutes worth of
interesting things to say, but I certainly won't be an expert!...