Web Site Update and July Talks

Nathan Bailey Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu
Thu Jun 13 22:32:16 CDT 2002

Jeremy Howard <jhoward at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>How do you convert Excel documents to HTML with Spreadsheet::ParseExcel?

Very crudely :-)  It's just a display, really.

>Scott showed an example that used DBD::Excel, which works well but only
>for named list data, not general formats. Have you looked at this:?

Nope, I keep seeing the stuff on the list and being very interested,
but I just don't have nights free to come to the talks at this point,
unfortunately!  I will be sure to look at the talks online tho, thanks
Scott :-)

>http://chicago.sourceforge.net/xlhtml/

Interesting!  Will check this out, thanks!

>No, but it's been on our todo list for over 3 years now, and this
>discussion might just get me motivated to finally implement it!

You're welcome to our code, if it helps.  For those of us doing
commercial programming, I think we should try to "factor out" as much
as possible into modules that can be submitted to CPAN, so that we can
all contribute/extend, rather than re-inventing the wheel.  (But I am
preaching open source to the converted, I expect :-)