Looking for a Perl packager/compiler/installer

Graeme Cross gcross at alphalink.com.au
Wed Jun 12 08:12:11 CDT 2002

I have a Perl script that uses some of our company's Perl modules and a
number of modules from CPAN (Parse::RecDescent, Spreadsheet::WriteExcel,
etc). This all runs under Activestate's Perl 5.6.1 on Win2k systems.

We want to give all this to a client as a single executable that they can
just run on a Windows system without having to worry about installing Perl,
downloading modules from CPAN etc. (Note that we're not trying to shroud the
code or anything -- we just want a program that is simple to install and
execute on Win2k).

When I was doing Python work, there were some nice utilities that would this
for me and they work well.
I have not found anything similar for Perl.

I've read the FAQ and the closest I can find is the Perl compiler which
doesn't seem to be up to date or stable.
I've searched CPAN. I've gone through the Perl Cookbook, Advanced Perl
Programming etc. I've wandered Google. Zero luck.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm hoping that I've just been
searching on the wrong keywords.

TIA,
Graeme

--