Hello, Manchester!

Aaron Crane aaron.crane at pobox.com
Sun Apr 8 10:40:30 CDT 2001

Matthew Jones <m.jones at hud.ac.uk> writes:
> Haha! Mr. Crane! How the devil are you sir?

Very well, though inordinately busy (which is why you haven't heard much
from me lately).

As for the roll-call thing: I live in north Manchester at the moment, though
I'm soon to move to Leeds, as I work in Bradford as a Perl/Linux developer
and trainer for a small consultancy outfit.  I've been doing Perl stuff for
something like three years now.  I've been programming for quite a long
time, though my academic background was originally in linguistics.

In an ideal world, the group would serve two main purposes for me.  It would
be nice to get in touch with other Perl people to find out what they're
doing and what cool stuff they have done or want to do.  I'm also interested
in the social aspects: meeting folk for drinks or what-have-you.  (Though
yet again, there seems to be a .pm becoming active in a town just as I move
away from the place...)

--
Aaron Crane