Hello, Manchester

Sam Smith sams at cus.org.uk
Fri Apr 6 04:29:13 CDT 2001

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Simon Oliver wrote:
> Let's take a roll-call and see who's out there.  Perhaps a brief
> description of yourself, your location and what you expect of the group.

I'm a Manchester Uni (final year) student, writing
Perl/LARTing for money/fun for 2+ years; I currently,
amongst other things, run www.student-direct.co.uk which is
a fair bit of Perl and SQL.  Most of what I do involves
talking to (My)SQL databases or routers and getting them to
give up their secrets[1] .

> meeting

Currently living on the UMIST campus makes a meetup at UMIST
reasonably easy for me to attend whenever :-)

Sam

  [1] Although I usually settle for the info I'm after at the time.

--
  Blame: The Secret to Success is Knowing Who to Blame for Your Failures