[LA.pm] LA.pm October meeting - Wed 10/26/2011

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Oct 26 19:45:17 PDT 2011

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Grangaard <granny+lapm at gmail.com> writes:

Andrew> Parking:
Andrew>   Park in one of the SM Public Lots on 2nd -- #4 and #2 are closest to
Andrew> the building.  I can provide parking vouchers for those buildings. (
Andrew> Metered parking on Ocean is also an option, might be in the free
Andrew> evening zone by then?).  I DO NOT have vouchers for the underground
Andrew> lot at 1299.

I spent 25 minutes hunting for a parking spot, alternately searching for
a street spot that might be open (and confused by all the signage) vs
looking at lot #2's line that extended 3 cars into the street.

Gave up at 7pm. Drove 30 minutes back to my hotel.

Life is too short to come to an LA.pm event where easy parking isn't
provided.  I won't be even attempting that again, ever.

(Note to future venue providers.)