[LA.pm] Possible LA.pm Presentation Topics; quick survey

josh at mediatemple.net josh at mediatemple.net
Fri Oct 8 12:23:17 PDT 2010

If you have trouble viewing or submitting this form, you can fill it out
online:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHp5a01aRWNVRVBqSEJ3LWNxakg0elE6MQ

LA.pm Presentation Topic Options

Which topics are you interested in hearing about at an LA.pm meeting? I was
going to present at the November meeting but wanted to talk about something
for which there was interest. I put 2 "briefs" up, please let me know how
much either appeals to you. (If there is decent interest about both I could
do the #2 finisher at a future meeting.) Thanks for your time!

AnyEvent -- Perl Asynchronous Programming * Event driven programming has
been a powerful paradigm for years, but it's emerging as an increasingly
important way to work. Making events easy is part of what has made node.js
so exciting, and is possible in Python with Eventlet and Ruby with
EventMachine. Perl's answer to this is very mature and flexible: AnyEvent.
As well as an introduction to the module, how to use it, and some of the
other modules in the "family", we'll cover some before/after examples of
synchronous code made asynchronous.

1 2 3 4 5

Not Interested Super Interested

Perl Dancer Micro-framework * As awesome and powerful as it is,
nobody "casually" starts building a Catalyst app. Dancer is inspired by
Ruby's Sinatra and turns the friction knob way, way down -- you can get
your perl code speaking HTTP in minutes. We'll go over the basics, dive
into a few simple examples, and cover different deployment models.