[LA.pm] CCTLDs

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Sat May 8 06:32:29 PDT 2010

On Sat, 8 May 2010 01:20:16 -0700
Tommy Stanton <tommystanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know about the impact of Perl development directly, but it's
> also interesting to read people's responses in this related article:
>
> I too am curious about what the Perl community will think.  The way
> that unicode is discussed in the Camel book suggests that the
> community might be alright with this sort of thing.
>
> It seems to me that this will lead to a "Tower of Babel" situation.
> Heck, there are already too many programming languages. =P

Most people have liked unicode, just never used
it. Sort of like Apple Pie: you gotta like it to
be American, even if you can't eat the stuff.

Now that people will have to actually use it we
may get better support and probably nicer modules
to deal with the URI's.

--
Steven Lembark                                          85-09 90th St.
Workhorse Computing                               Woodhaven, NY, 11421