[LA.pm] Is Perl alive in Los Angeles?

Jordan Coleman jordan at JordanColeman.com
Thu May 7 10:19:38 PDT 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Jonathan Brown wrote:

> Hey Jordan. :)

Hello there, cousin-of-my-wife!  Small world.  Guess I should have
realized you'd be lurking here.

> From my experience the Thousand Oaks PM is slightly more active, but
> it
> seems most meetings are still cancelled.  But as others have said, I
> think
> the population is there to attend the meetings, but no one is really
> interested in putting in the time (and has the time) to plan or
> present.

I'd be happy to present about some embedded Perl application if that's
what it takes.  The project for the yacht runs Perl pretty
extensively, not just in the outside 802.11 unit, but also on a good
chunk of the boat's communications management system.  POE and
Catalyst feature into that project in a big way as well, and though
I'm no expert on either one, it's kindof a cool application
nonetheless.  If there's interest, I can give some Perl Mongers a tour.

++J